It is the beginning of the COP 26 conference, and the attempt by global leaders to save the planet for future generations. Many of us will not be here to see all the outcomes of their efforts. Why not think about saving ourselves now. Because we matter. You matter. Why not think about editing your life to give you more of what you want and less of what you don't want. Make the remainder of your life happy and fun. Do what you want to be who you want to be. This is lifestyle design. In this video I describe the 5 main principles for editing mental health problems out of your life. These are:-
1) Don't accept the status quo; if it is not giving you what you want from life then challenge it. We make the assumption that the life we have is the life we 'should' have. This is not the case. There are many small adjustments we can make that give us huge improvements. When you change the direction you are travelling you always end up in a different place. This is conscious lifestyle design. Take control and design more of the life you want. In this video I also talk about not accepting the status quo in terms of mental health, because it does not work very well. Antidepressant use is increasing and the sum total of human happiness is not. Antidepressants are not a treatment for anxiety and depression they are a symptom management strategy. Don't outsource your mental health because no cares about it as much as you.
2) Act as if you matter until you believe you truly do matter. Be the star of your own movie. So many people do not own their personal value. They give their power and control away to others or fail to assert their own value. When you do not value yourself no one else will value you very much either.
3) Recognise that thoughts are just that...thoughts. The same with feelings and beliefs. They don't necessarily reflect the truth. They are not necessarily accurate of even true. And the deeply damaging ones we have severely limit us in our ability to achieve our goals and enjoy the journey toward them.
4) Don't confuse outcomes with the processes that create them. To truly edit anxiety and depression out of our lives we need to focus on the processes that create the symptoms not the symptoms themselves. All mental health problems capture our attention and while this is natural to some degree, if it persists it actively prevents us from making meaningful changes and it encourages us to outsource our problems to things like an antidepressant medication.
5) Decide what you do want from your life or if you can't do that, then what you definitely don't want because this also gives you direction. I illustrate that if you have a mental health problem this is a good thing to focus on editing out of your life.
To find out more about lifestyle design visit www.drpurves.online
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
Learn how your brain tricks you into thinking and doing all sorts of crazy stuff. You won't believe it.